For my big 4-0, I thought I would share 40 of my deranged thoughts with you.
1. Do not tell me that 40 is the new 30. 40 is 40. Besides, when I was 30, I was kicking off a 6 year lactating coma.
2. I love my friends at 40. We are more settled, waaaay funnier, we can afford good booze and our children can wipe their own bottoms.
Things I know:
3. I know that a camisole is an undergarment only and that leggings are not meant to be pants.
4. I know that it is vital to laugh myself silly on a daily basis.
5. I know that no one can build me up better or put me in my place faster than my sisters.
6. I know that my mother in law was right- "act old, get old."
Words to remember:
7. Nice counts.
8. Haters gonna hate.
9. Work hard.
10. Our family motto rocks - "H and H", happy and hustle.
11. Fight the urge to be Judgie McJudgerson.
I am thankful:
12. My mister still thinks I'm funny...ish.
13. My kiddos are the bees knees and my best adventure.
14. My real job makes me happy...and I don't have to sit in a tollbooth everyday.
15. My thought bubbles are invisible.
16. I still think my mister is funny...ish.
17. My dog does not eat his or anyone else's poop.
18. Tunic shirts that hide my muffin top.
19. I love the times when my kiddos still call me "Mommy" or "Mama".
20. My neighbors rock my socks...in a nice way, not a creepy, bed swapping way.
Since this is a house blog and all, here are some favorite house-ish musings:
21. I love a center hall brick colonial.
22. White kitchens rule.
23. Please do not hang thaaaangs on your wall too high. Please. It bugs me.
24. Wood floors trump carpet. All.day.long.
25. Someday, I will have a front porch.
I have major food love:
27. Chocolate bars, chocolate truffles, chocolate lattes, chocolate cake..."The Help" ruined chocolate pie, however.
28. Angel hair pasta.
29. I would eat a shoe if it had goat cheese on it.
31. Coffee flavored ice cream.
32. Peppermint ice cream.
33. Pancakes, crispy on the edges.
Now that I am 40, maybe I should join the big girls and set some goals?
34. I will skydive again.
35. I will not eat my weight in chocolate...in one sitting.
36. I will try not to eye roll or sigh heavily when I am annoyed.
37. I will be more generous and less judgemental of people who like country music.
38. I will be waaay chill about my kiddos making their beds everyday.
39. I will not wear theme socks or holiday sweaters, even to school...even to my mother's house.
40. I will be forty-licious.
("Naked On Healey Street")