A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about gun responsibility for In The Powder Room. It runs today.
Today. Today, I am going to a visitation for a friend that was shot and killed on New Year's Eve.
Instead of arguing about guns, I want to share some of my favorite memories of Emily.
1. Every single time I sent out a room parent plea for holiday parties, Emily was the first to respond with offers to help.
2. In the car pick up line after school, other moms would ditch their cars to hop in Emily's car to yuk it up.
3. Emily worked in a pharmacy. My kids and I loved to go through the pharmacy drive thru, lay on the buzzer and watch her reaction. She would say into the microphone, "I hate you, Rossow."
4. Wherever we saw Emily- at soccer games, school parties or birthday gatherings, she would have everyone laughing.
5. This fall, Emily and her girls beamed as they proudly introduced their new baby boy to our community.
Today. Today, I remember Emily.